Sunday, September 5, 2010

TA Report: West Hartford Reservoir

Date of Activity: 9-5-2010
Condition of Trail: OUTSTANDING
Trail Ambassador Name: Daren Casey

Encounters & Observations: I'm healing from an injury so I stayed off most
of the technical trails. I rode the majority of the main walking/biking
path, being VERY careful to avoid the bike eating gate. Did some exploring
on the fire and logging roads. I enjoyed it more than I thought I was going
to. I did go in short distances when I was near the normal riding trails
and they looked good. The paths I was on were just outstanding. I saw more
signs of horses than usual. I'm not sure if it's a combination of the
weather and the paths I was on but please keep an eye out and remember to
slow down and try not make too much noise, especially if you are coming from
behind.
The pictures are of a small tree that had fallen on one of the
fire roads. It was do-able but thought I'd make it a bit easier as fire
roads usually have less technical riders on them.
I neatened up another fall tree and moved debris here and there on different trails.





Email: daren@darencasey.com
Town: West Hartford
Location: West Hartford Reservoir
Trail(s) Ridden: Main path at the bottom, power lines, fire and logging
roads.
How did you use the trail? Mountain biking
What was the time of day? morning
Hours: 2 hrs
Distance: 12 miles

No comments: