Wednesday, September 22, 2010

TA Report: Upper Paugussett State Forest

Date of Activity: 9/22/10
Trail Ambassador Name: Ed Perten
Distance (Miles): Several
Condition of Trail(s): Paula's trail-great shape, dry, new section needs to be ridden on, rained on, it is still soft. Mark's trail-great shape, dry.
Observations: We first rode Paula's trails and enjoyed them, hoping to do the same on Mark's trail. As I was putting my bike on the roof rack, I noticed a broken spoke on my front wheel. Luckily I had a spare spoke and I expected this to be a quick fix.
To make a long story short I decided to do this repair over my open car trunk so as to eliminate the possibility of loosing screws and parts in the dirt parking lot. What I did not account for was dropping the quick release spring into the trunk lock hasp compartment. Luckily I found another function for the spare spoke. Using the end of the spoke which goes to the hub as a hook, we fished out the quick release spring, we completed the repair and were on our way.
Town: Southbury and Newtown
Location: Waldo State Park, Upper Paugussett State Forest
Trail(s) Ridden: Paula's trail, Mark's trail
How did you use the trail?: Mountain bike riding
What was the time of day?: Morning
Duration (Hours): Approximately 2-3 hours riding time, approximately 1 hour fixing the bike time.
Trail Ambassador Email: edperten@sbcglobal.net

No comments: