Wednesday, September 15, 2010

TA Report: Hartman Park

Date of Activity: 10/15/10
Condition of Trail: perfect
Trail Ambassador Name: Thom Lamourine
Encounters & Observations: Weather was even better than yesterday. Sky a brilliant blue! So I headed up to Hartman Park. Parked my van and after getting out I noticed the large tree right next to me was pretty much rotten in the core. Thing was creaking pretty fiercely in the breeze, enough to make me actually get in the van and move to the upper lot. (just sent e-mail to land manager)

rotting tree

Well, after moving the van I headed on out. Started on the red trail right at the school yard and was having issues with areas I normally clear easy so kinda did a picky-choosy through the place as I wasn't feeling 100%. noticed a tree down on the red trail just past the field where everyone seems to have cut a new route getting around it. Going to have to hack it out I guess. Someone had told me that the new bridges we had built had been vandalized so I worked my way back over there on the orange trail to take a look. Not really a big deal, just some spray paint graffiti.

Little paint, no biggy 

Also the river was pretty much dried up. This is like the last place to not at least have some water flowing. Thank god it's cool out or the mosquito's would be having a field day out there. Looks like rain  is coming so it's a good thing.  Trails aren't that dry though on the surface though. 


Red Trail







Trail Ambassador Email: thom(at)ectrr.com
Town: Lyme
Location: Hartman Park
Trail(s) Ridden:Red, Blue, orange, yellow
How did you use the trail: biking
What was the time of day: 11 AM- 1 PM
Duration (Hours):2 hour
Distance (Miles): ?

No comments: