Friday, August 6, 2010

TA Report: Cockaponset SF / Weber Woods

Date of activity: August 4, 2010
Condition of trail(s): Great shape
Trail Ambassador Name: Don Hazuka
Town: Clinton / Westbrook
Encounters and Observations: This ride was taken as a result of sheer embarrassment; I had alerted the Land Manager from the DEP about a downed tree I ran across Saturday that needed to be removed and gave him the wrong trail and location (I rode a lot of trails that day); he sent out a crew to take care of the tree and they could not find it, and he relayed this information to me; I went out and rode all around and located it on a different trail in a totally different location, which I then conveyed back to him; bottom line- get your facts straight before asking for help; anyway, red-faced and feeling stupid, I turned it into a good afternoon by banging around various trails in search of that tree; I ran into (not literally) a young mom with child in backpack carrier on the white trail and we talked for a while about the trails and how cool it was to have beavers in the area; finished it up a bit bug bitten, but glad it turned out okay.

Email: donald.hazuka@covidien.com
Location:  Cockaponset SF / Weber Woods
Trail(s) ridden:  Parts of all
How did you use the trail?:  Mountain bike
What was the time of day?:  Mid afternoon
Duration (hours):  1.5
Distance (miles):  6.0

No comments: