Monday, July 12, 2010

TA Report: West Hartford Reservoir


Trail Ambassador Name: Daren Casey

Encounters & Observations: Started from the main parking lot and rode the outer loop.  I heard there are some new trails but I didn’t go exploring as I was having a rough day, physically.  I’ll try to find them and report on my next ride.   A small tree has fallen across the trail just as you enter the outer fence line after leaving the practice log.   It’s easy enough to go over so it shouldn’t be a problem.  Another small pine tree has started falling just as  you’re leaving the outer fence line.  It’s stuck on another tree to make an archway.  I think I’ll try pushing it over to the side the next time I’m out there.  The trails are in excellent condition.  Even the creeks are low and easy to cross without 

a lot of splashing.  The construction on the fence line seems to be rolling along well.  The ‘container’ is erected but not finished.  They placed more signs stating “Visitors must report to the main office”.  I hope that means inspectors are coming and they’ll be done soon.  It cuts off some fun sections of the fence line.  No trail maintenance this ride but picked up an unusual amount of trash.  Mostly plastic bottles, but still...   The picture is a creative way to recycle bike reflectors.   
 Email: daren@darencasey.com
Town: West Hartford 
Location: West Hartford Reservoir
Trail(s) Ridden: Outer Loop and down the fence line
How did you use the trail? Mountain biking
What was the time of day? morning
Hours: 2 hrs 
Distance: 10 miles

No comments: