Thursday, June 17, 2010

TM report: George Waldo SP



Date of Activity: 6/3/10, 6/4/10 and 6/5/10
Trail Ambassador Name: Paula Burton
Town: Southbury
Location: George Waldo SP

Observations:On Friday, I finally figured out where to put the piece of trail on the other side of the access road. The trail corridor is narrow, and there is substantial run off from a series of culverts under the access road. Also, the grade is quite steep near the river and will be difficult to build on. However, I have about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile of new trail flagged out now. Hopefully the flags will stay up long enough for me to get the trail built. I was hoping to get some folks out for National Trails Day, but it was raining heavily and people stayed home. It stopped just about the time I got over to Waldo Sat. morning, and I worked on several small projects on the previously built trail. I got a fair amount of work done. PIcture is of a go around of a technical section. I think it is good to design and build go arounds for technical stuff, that way folks don't make five or six lines. When I  attended NEMBA trail school, the IMBA trail care crew said that some guide lines would be to have the obstacles on the side of the main treadway for beginner and intermediate trails, and in the main treadway for advanced trails. Also the intermediate and advanced trails should have some trail feature near the beginning of the trail, to let people know what kind of trail it is, before they get too far in.

Trail Ambassador Email: peburtonataoldotcom
Condition of Trails(s): Good
Trail(s) Ridden:N/A
How did you use the trail?: Trail Maintenance
What was the time of day?: late after noon on 6/4, morning on 6/5
Duration (Hours): 7
Distance (Miles): N/A

No comments: