Saturday, May 8, 2010

TA Report: West Hartford Reservoir

Date of Activity: 5-7-2010
Condition of Trail: Perfect

Trail Ambassador Name: Daren Casey
Email: daren@darencasey.com
Town: West Hartford
Location: West Hartford Reservoir
Trail(s) Ridden: Outter Loop
How did you use the trail? Mountain biking
What was the time of day? Evening
Hours: 1 hr 40 min
Distance: 8 plus miles

Encounters & Observations: Started in the middle of the fence line off of Canal Rd. Perfect conditions and good weather made great ride. The trails couldn’t have been better. Even the entrance to the dikes was finally dry! The only water I hit was the creek and that was low. I wish I had an earlier start so I would have had time to ride longer and more of the side trails. I was looking down too much, because I was tired from eating dinner before riding, and came damn near of hitting a young dear. No kidding! I was within 5 feet of it when noticed it and it finally started to run….I don’t know who was more startled, me or the deer. Bold one, it didn’t run too far before stopping to check me out. I thought about stopping to take a picture but figured I already bothered it enough for one night. Plus the sun was setting and there’s no night riding at WH Rez.

The picture is of the sunset. It was taken at the top o the mountain, near the blue trail and just before the rock face that has the new log ride.

No comments: