Saturday, July 4, 2009

TA Report: George C Waldo State Park

Date of Activity:07-04-09
Condition of Trails(s): Dry , a few bugs



Trail Ambassador Name: Paula Burton
Trail Ambassador Email: peburton@aol.com
Town: Southbury
Location: George Waldo
How did you use the trail?: hiked
What was the time of day?: 8:00 AM
Duration (Hours): 2.5 hours plus another 2 hours on June 25
Distance (Miles): not far- worked on design in a tough section - had to walk back and forth a lot
Observations: Finally! I worked on the design. Last week Noah and I bush whacked past the finished section and found another hunters's trail which comes out above the beach. I connected that to the new trail where it ended at the stone wall. I am still tweaking the design- one or two turns need some work, but it is basically there. And the old hunters' trail needs some enhancements. I think I flagged about another 1/2 mile of trail , but there might be more, since I found a nice flat area with open woods, and I could put another loop in there. Now if only the flags will stay up until the trail is cut...... We have an official TM next Thurs. July 9 and will be cutting the new section. And the July 16 TM is canceled.

No comments: